Re: [OM] Sagelight editor

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight editor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:04:34 -0800
Brian, I don't know if you are mixing up two different companies and products,
but it appears so.

You refer to the $20 offer from Corel, but that is for AfterShot. If that's
what you bought, that's what you have a
serial number for.

You then talk about Sagelight, which is a product of 19th Parallel. If you try
to put an AfterShot Serial # into the
Sagelight registration # box, it will certainly fail. Sagelight is indeed the
one that says its registration is
typically the PayPal transaction ID.

As Sagelight costs $40, if you spent $20 at the link Piers originally posted,
you bought AfterShot. If so, download
AfterShot, as the purchase confirmation screen with the serial # offered for
you to do in the first place. When it first
opens after installation, there will be an opportunity to enter the serial #,
which may be copy and pasted in.

Sagelight is a new entry into the overcrowded market for Raw converters with
some editing functions. It also has no
library function, which may be good or bad.

AfterShot is a development from the Bibble Raw developer with some editing
functions and library. Bibble has been around
for years. It was recently purchased by Corel and reworked into Corel
AfterShot. Various folks babbling on the net think
it has been changed mostly in name only, while others think there have been
significant changes by Corel.

I have no technical was of knowing, but imagine that in buying a $200 product
and remarketing it as a $100 Raw work flow
front end for their existing image editor, they would spend as little time and
money as possible in modifying a
relatively mature product.

Unfortunately, as you well know, we folks here tend not to change subject lines
when the subject changes, and both
products have been discussed in the same thread.

Moose