[OM] Does Kodak Chapter 11 Mean the End of C-41 Film?

Subject: [OM] Does Kodak Chapter 11 Mean the End of C-41 Film?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:42:46 -0600
XP2 is also a very decent film with an extremely wide dynamic range. It's
fine grained and scans exceptionally well. This is the only chromogenic BW
film that works well in the darkroom and the scanner.

But, honestly, processing your own conventional BW film is such a
no-brainer. In 15 minutes I can have a couple rolls of film in final rinse
waiting to hang.

Most people with bad memories of film development associate it with mixing
the dry chemicals and trying to load stainless steel reels. I almost always
use liquid concentrate and plastic shuffle loaders. Hardest part is opening
up the cartridge or retreiving the leader.

Inotherwords, this is a very simple and a quick task.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx