Re: [OM] (OT) Need that Positive Energy Again

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Need that Positive Energy Again
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 06:04:09 +1300
Andrew wrote

> Good luck. My experience in the last week has been positive so I hope it
> rubs off. Must be a #2 son thing. After nine years of riding 42km per day
> (26 miles) to and from work, my second son Chris was hit by a delivery van
> on Friday afternoon 8 days ago. The screen in the emergency room displayed
> a grim brevity - 'Cyclist vs. Truck - high speed'.  The impact was a
> straight 80kph (50mph) from behind

Best wishes to Chris.  Glad for all of you he is doing so well.

Must be the week for cyclists. My fiancee took it into her head to ride her
son's bike around the garden on the lawn.  She is seriously unfit, but doesn't
understand just how unfit.

Within 50 metres she had fallen off and into the shrubbery, stones, tree bole
etc.  I was not amused. This is the second time in 3 years; the last time, on
a gravel road, she broke her pelvis.

She was in considerable pain from ribs leg ankle - you name it.
Ten days later there is still a lot of pain in one leg which is moving south to
the knee.
X-ray shows no fracture, and as far as I can tell it is soft tissue injury
which
will heal with time.
This comes of being a stubborn Saggitarian (impulsive) !!

Brian Swale.