Re: [OM] Sensor cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor cleaning
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:49:30 -0600
1. Put camera in sensor cleaning mode. This locks the mirror up and opens
the shutter.

2. I take a couple inch portion of Swiffer Sweeper "fabric" and wrap it
around a Q-Tip.

3. Carefully clean the sensor (actually a cover over the sensor) with it.
If you have decent lighting and a magnifying glass of some form you can
easily see any dust spots.

4. Escape sensor cleaning mode, but use the swiffer to clean out the other
parts of the mirror chamber too. The AF sensors usually can stand some
housekeeping.

I don't rub with the swiffer for fear of scratching, but am using it
lightly. Usually just having it come in contact with the sensor cover is
enough for it to suck the dust right up.

AG

On Saturday, January 21, 2012,  <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a message dated 1/21/2012 1:37:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> I  Swiffer mine about once a year now.
>

> Can you be a little bit more specific about what it is that you actually
> do?  Bill Barber
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx