Re: [OM] (OT) Need that Positive Energy Again

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Need that Positive Energy Again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:23:42 -0800
On 1/21/2012 2:26 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Good luck. My experience in the last week has been positive so I hope it rubs
> off.
> Must be a #2 son thing.

No! No! No! I'll have my second son stay out of health crises, thank you very
much.
The first as well, as long as I'm at it.

> After nine years of riding 42km per day (26 miles) to and from work, my
> second son Chris was hit by a delivery van on Friday afternoon 8 days ago.

Yikes!

I may rethink getting my younger son and his wife bikes, although they were
thinking of them for riding a long biking
and walking trail that goes to down-towns at each end from right outside their
apartment.

> The screen in the emergency room displayed a grim brevity - 'Cyclist vs.
> Truck - high speed'.

I'm so glad he's survived such a deadly thing, and is healing well. My best
wishes for a full recovery.

One reason I gave up even my moderate biking some years ago was that the nicest
roads were narrow and had the poorest
shoulders. I kept getting scared too often. (It had nothing to do with
laziness, nothing, I tell you!)

Moose