Re: [OM] Sagelight editor

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight editor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:49:02 -0800
On 1/21/2012 6:13 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> I'm not sure I'd agree that it's teetering on the brink. If it is, it's
> because of Lightroom.<g>  But I do think it's rapidly migrating to a platform
> for graphic designers and other to-be-determined functions. Interesting that
> in LR4's Tone Curve adjustment, you're now able to apply the curve to each of
> the RGB channels. That's a rather large thing, all things considered, in the
> migration away from Photoshop.

Interesting, how differently we all work.

I've been able to do that since PS4 LE, a photographic lifetime ago. And I'll
bet I've used it on well under 1% of
images I've processed. Awfully useful on those occasions, though.

Candace, Chuck, and I'd guess others find four up comparisons of images really
important. I can surely see that if I
were doing portraiture and shooting lots of near duplicates.

Me? I almost never shoot that kind of dups. I do bracket exposures sometimes,
but don't need the side by side
comparison. "All I want is the histograms, ma'am, just the histograms." I can't
recall the last time I did a four up
view, until today, that is. :-)

Moose