Re: [OM] Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:53:53 -0800
On 1/23/2012 4:44 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> And in Corel Aftershock

Intentional? Typo? Spellchucker? First rate, in any case. :-)

> : View/Toggle Multi-image View allows you to select several shots.  I have a
> small iMac (21.5" screen) and I can view 4 images at a reasonable size
> arranged in a square grid; or I can move the palettes out of the way and view
> them in a single row.
>
> It's not a bad programme, Aftershock; I wonder what the upgrade will be like.

Earthquake is first. Upgrades are the aftershocks. ;-)

After its initial product faded, Corel seems to have survived on decent, but
mostly not class leading, carefully priced
programs. I imagine that is in part by keeping tight control on costs. Having
done whatever they did to adapt Bibble, it
seems unlikely to me they will put anything more into it until they see how the
initial release sells and thus can
estimate what the market for upgrades is.

I've been wrong before, even in this century. Maybe they will address all the
gripes of Bibble users. Not bettin' the
farm on that, though, at least not right away.

There are just a lot of very similar products out there looking for market
share. Right now, I have LRb4, Aftershot,
Sagelight, RawTherapee, PWP probably an old copy of RawShooter and could easily
have PSP. Then there's Aperture for Mac
and I'm sure there are more that have escaped my limited attention.

Sure, there are differences, but from a broad perspective, they all use quite
similar operational paradigms and similar
looking interfaces. How many are really needed? How many likely to survive?

Shocked After Moose