Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:49:55 -0700

On 1/24/12 1:31 PM, Moose wrote:

> Don't some photographers doing that sort of work give the clients modern
> versions of proof sheets - CDs or password
> protected private web galleries? Let 'em stew on their own time?
Yes. Online private galleries. Which come with their own set of issues.
It's always something, and I guaran-darn-tee you, I will not accurately
predict the images they will select more than about 10% of the time.
A laundry list of potential issues...but that is true anytime one deals
with people, anyhow.

> (Yeah, yeah, I don't know the business. I suppose they steal the images if
> they aren't watermarked,  gripe about
> watermarks, and steal 'em anyway. ... and so on. Didn't I already say I find
> it hard to imagine being in this business?)
Yes, this is true. I am always so thankful for repeat loyal clients that
"get it". They rock and make it all worthwhile.
I once had a client take a screenshot of one of my images, (watermark
included), edit it to his liking, crop it, and send it back to me
telling me that's what he wanted. Fine, I did it and charged him for it.
But, what??!!

Someone always up in my business Candace