Re: [OM] More Positive Energy

Subject: Re: [OM] More Positive Energy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:53:38 -0800
   On 1/24/2012 12:04 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:

So far so good. He hasn't had any more arrhythmias since he was on the table yes
terday. They had a balloon in to help the heart but they took that out a while a
go. Now they're cutting back on the epinephrine to see if his heart will pick up
 the BP. It had been normalizing with epi, but now they're dialing it back. Also
 slowly taking fluid levels down. Had to increase sedation 'cause he was stirrin
g and biting his tube, which they also said was good. So it's baby steps, but he
's pretty tough.

   Ahhh, breathing just a little easier now.

Thanks for all the support! We're trying to take care of ourselves because we kn
ow he's going to require a lot of energy once we're out of the hole.

   I've not spent any time in hospital on my own account since my tonsils
   were taken out before I have any memories. I have spent uncountable
   hours, days, weeks, ... Probably just as well I don't have a count of
   the time spent in hospitals with loved ones. Yup, been chased out of
   the ICU when a heart stopped, more than once.
   One thing I've learned is that those we care for and whom are in our
   care need us to be rested and well. We need it to be the people they
   need by and on their side.
   We need it too, for ourselves. I've also been there when the heart
   didn't start again. Whether the outcome is heartbreak that we need to
   find a way through or our heart's desire, along with the need to
   support the survivor, we very much need our health, strength and
   judgment intact after the crisis is over.
   Remember to eat, get some sleep, spell each other on watch. Hold and
   care for yourselves and each other while we hold you in our hearts.
   Moose & Carol

--Bob

Errors in spelling, grammar & logic generated randomly by my iFone.

   Oh you editors, always wanting to blame someone else. :-)

   --
   What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?