Re: [OM] IMG: Back from Arizona

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Back from Arizona
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:00:36 -0700

> > Every since watching Clint Eastwood's Pink Cadillac movie I'd be worried
> > about meeting any suspicious looking folk out in the desert or up in the
> > hills :-)
>

> I'm more concerned with canoeing in areas where the locals play banjos.

    Just about everything south of I-8 between Casa Grande and Yuma has
large signs warning of drug and human smuggling.  This includes portions of
two large national monuments and one wildlife preserve.  I've come across
hundreds of footprints in one pass which is an obvious smuggling path
southwest of Maricopa and north of I-8.

    I was in mild shock when I watched the news video today of Romney saying
that if employers stuck to the laws and didn't hire illegals they would
simply turn around and go back home.  He is more than just 100% out of touch
with the issues of illegal immigration, human smuggling, and drug cartels if
he thinks that is the answer.  Even employers with state and federal
contracts hire the illegals, and if you try to round them up they all scream
racial discrimination.

Chris