Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:27:08 -0800
On 1/24/2012 8:57 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Deceit?  No way! Doesn't matter if the client knows heads were swapped or
> not. We're not talking about news shots, but portraits. If it's deceitful
> to swap a head or eyeball, then it would be deceitful to do any editing.
> It's not like were sucking 200 pounds off the person or taking an 80 year
> old and giving them the wrinkles of an 8 year old.

I forgot to mention that this is not new with digital, it's as old as
photography. All formal portraits were retouched.
Part of the difference in price between portraitists was based on the quality
of retouching.

Retouched Moose

(Yup, I looked closely at the old family portraits. Some pretty sloppy fix-ups
applied in many cases. A high school
portrait of me has a glare in glasses correction that looks more like a spot of
bird shit.)