[OM] Another Fine Mess

Subject: [OM] Another Fine Mess
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:43:19 -0700
    Well, it seems that eBay has done it again.  Back in November they made
a serious change to their web pages and managed to disable the picture zoom
enlarge tabs, as well as disable the message centre, the CONTACT US tab, the
ADD TO WANT LIST  tab, and a lot of other features.  By way of an online
blog I was able to fix it by manually resetting an IE8 default setting.

    Everything worked fine until Tuesday morning, then the entire thing
happened all over again.  This time I downloaded and installed Firefox.
Everything worked fine for about 45 minutes, and then the exact same
problems occurred in Firefox as well.  I installed yet another malware
programme to no avail.

    According to a discussion group I looked at this morning, the problems
of November were due to eBay changing all of those functions to a banner ad
format.  So, I turned off all forms of banner ad blocking, but that did not
help.  There is no telling at all what they have done this time.

    If you try calling eBay at (800) 322-9266, they simply tell you to use
the CONTACT US button (which doesn't work as it is also disabled) or the
LIVE HELP butto at the upper right-hand corner of their home page (which
doesn't even exist).

    ARRRRGGHH!!

Chris