Re: [OM] OM-5D for me

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D for me
From: Johnny Johnson <theronemmie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:48:52 -0500
It's really good to hear from you too Mike. Mitchelle is still using her G9
also. I ended up selling mine and keeping the Canon SD790IS for snapshots
that are for the web or small prints.

I probably need to really rethink the whole Nex-7 thing. You're right about
the kit lens. It seems to be competent but not great. It also adds a lot of
bulk to the camera and weight and bulk is one thing I'm looking to get rid
of by purchasing a compact mirrorless. I was thinking that I'd just use my
"M mount" lenses with the Nex to get a small footprint. But I need to be
honest with myself and accept that, as I've gotten older, I've become more
and more a zoom lens, auto focus type of guy. I also don't need a 24MP
capture in a compact. On the other hand, if Olympus follows what many see
as the logical progression of their product line the OM-D will be a premium
addition to the m4/3s line. That would be great for me - small body, small
high quality zoom lenses, reasonable file sizes, built-in viewfinder, etc.
I just hope that it includes an internal flash unit.

I hadn't heard about the problems with the Bo Ming adapter but I'm not
surprised that he took quick action to address the situation. He has always
appeared to be a class act. As for myself I can't imagine that I would be
interested in using my Canon lenses on the Nex other than to satisfy my
curiosity.

Off to cancel my Nex-7 order!  :-)

Cya,
Johnny