Re: [OM] Sagelight problems with ORFs; Studio still rules

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight problems with ORFs; Studio still rules
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:34:59 -0500
Canaan raw files contain an embedded JPEG whose size IIRC depends on the
camera model.  I think the 5D has a 4MP embedded JPEG.  The embedded
JPEG is not the same as a full rez JPEG created when you shoot raw and
JPEG together.  When using a browser such as BreezeBrowser or FastStone
the browser will open the embedded JPEG to display an image since it
can't display the raw file without conversion.  At 4MP that's obviously
smaller than the full res raw file.

Is it possible that ORF files also contain embedded JPEGS and that what
you're seeing in Sagelight (at least initially) is the embedded JPEG and
not the full resolution of the raw file.

Chuck Norcutt