Re: [OM] Another Fine Mess

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Fine Mess
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:32:08 -0700

> I just used this link and was given:
> phone number 866-540-3229 with PIN 5235114

    I guess sometimes they give you one, and other times they don't.  At
least now I have a number I can call.  The 800 number on their web page just
takes to to a telephone tree where they give you various URLs to try.  Fat
lot of good that does when the system is half-broken.

    They now have a system announcement that they are going to be doing
maintenance and some functions may not be available until late tomorrow.
So, how much more remains that they can shut off?  I do recall that back in
November they announced that the "Buy it Now" option was disabled for most
of a day.

    Sad to think that for more than ten years eBay operated with very few
interruptions, but it's now been hamstrung by themselves twice in ten weeks.
A wonderful example of business management.

    Everybody get that email from Google about how wonderful it's going to
be when they use your searches and emails for marketing purposes?  And you
thought Stalin was bad.