Re: [OM] OM-5D for me

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D for me
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 06:50:35 -0500
We no longer visit the Magic Kingdom unless there are small
grandchildren in tow.  However, we do enjoy Epcot for a day and eating
the buffet lunch at the German pavillion.  We also visit Animal Kingdom
but only to eat lunch at the Sanaa restaurant which has distinctive food
best described as like Indian.

We have a good friend who is a veterinarian and at this time of year
they come to Orlando for the annual veterinarian's conference.  They
always rent a two bedroom apartment for two weeks.  The first week is
given over to the conference but the second week they invite friends and
family to come and stay with them.  They've invited us the last couple
of years so we go and spend 4 days with them.

This year they taught us how to have a mostly free day of fun in
Orlando.  Start the day by going to Downtown Disney where there is no
entrance fee and parking is free.  The ladies enjoyed shopping for the
grandkids and we had a fine and modestly priced lunch at Fulton's Crab
House there.  When the feet get tired take one of the shuttle boats from
there to the resort area and enjoy the ride.  I'm not sure which one,
maybe the Port Orleans Resort.  From there hop the bus to the Magic
Kingdom but don't go in.  Instead take the monorail ride to the various
hotels, especially the Grand Floridian.  Sit down in the beautiful
lobby, enjoy the flowers and live music by a pianist or small band (both
if you're there long enough).  When you've had enough catch the bus back
to your car at Downtown Disney.  A fun day for very little money.

Chuck Norcutt