Re: [OM] OM-5D for me

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D for me
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:05:53 -0600
> Would you change your mind if you could get there in 1-1/2 hours and
> stay four days for free and only go to Epcot for one day and never to
> the Magic Kingdom.  :-)

Well, I dislike crowds and I dislike man's attempt at fakery pretending to
be reality in a fake manner. It's kinda like the plastic in our cars that
pretends to be vinyl which pretends to be fake wood grain veneer. I'd
rather go to Germany than the German pavilion. If I want great German food,
there is an excellent restaurant in Chicago which blows away anything you
going to get at the pavilion.

Here in Des Moines, we have a rather famous "Living History Farm". (no, not
my Olympus Living History Farm). Anyway, one of the funniest things things
is the farmer using livestock and a single blade plow to break the soil.
He's working away on a few rows while people are watching. After the gates
close and the visitors leave, he goes into a non-descript building off to
the side, fires up the John Deere and finishes the field with that.

Speaking of Isle Royale... I made a trip to the library last night and
picked up "A Superior Death" by Nevada Barr. Yes, Moose, I really do listen
to you. I'm up to chapter 4 or something like that where the divers tell
her about the sixth body. Decent book. The conversations are a little
stilted, but her grasp of the terrain is dead on. Very funny description of
Rock Harbor. The author does tend to be a little preoccupied with the male
body.

AG