Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] 4-up display, was: Sagelight
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:31:55 -0800
On 1/27/2012 7:32 AM, Candace wrote:
> On 1/26/12 9:24 PM, Moose wrote:
>> They hadn't been to Bakersfield?
> Funny! The locals called the entire San Fernando Valley, including
> Bakersfield, "The Armpit Of California". :-)

Oh my, it's been a while, and children take a toll.

Wrong Saint. The valley where you lived is the vast, still mostly agricultural,
North-south oriented valley of Saint
Joaquin.. It's Southern terminus is the Tehachapi Mountains, non-sainted, which
separate it from the Mojave Desert and a
jumble of coastal mountains and valleys culminating in the much smaller,
East-west oriented valley of Saint Fernando.
The San Fernando Valley is in turn separated by the Mtns. of Saint Monica from
the great basin of El Pueblo de la Reyna
de los Angeles.

"The Valley" recent source of Valley Girls, was originally agricultural, but is
now mass-cultural, and the world capital
of pornography production.

> I couldn't tell you why. I preferred "Raisin Capitol Of The World". ;-)

Gotta be those "I Heard It On the Grapevine" raisin commercials. :-)