Re: [OM] Sagelight, ACR, Olympus=No Joy (was "Re: Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight, ACR, Olympus=No Joy (was "Re: Photo
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:56:21 -0600
Gotta be sumpin like that.

I am making some progress with Sagelight's controls using a
Studio-generated TIF as the starting-point.  This is a more complicated
workflow, but no different from what I was doing before in passing the
file into Photoshop for editing.  Fast Stone makes that very easy to
manage.

I downloaded AfterShot last night on a trial basis.  It appears to be a
Lightroom copycat.  Nice value for $20 if you don't have LR, but I do,
so I don't see the point even at the fire sale price.  Maybe someone can
elucidate the appeal, other than "Not-Adobe."

Joel W.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 07:37 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Perhaps Sagelight's unique color as well as loss of detail actually
> comes from mishandling of the 4-color pixel.  If the fourth pixel were
> simply left out I think that could explain both effects.

                          unladen european swallow