Re: [OM] Spotted 28/2 and 50/1.4 for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Spotted 28/2 and 50/1.4 for sale
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:01:31 -0600
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > I believe you.  After all, you've been saying it for years and years.
>
> HEY!
>
> Karen says "absolutely not" to any more Olympus digital cameras. That
> leaves Canon, Sony or Fuji as possibilities. Canon is probably looking
> better all the time. But I've held off for years and years, what's
> another year?

What if it came down to a choice between 3:2 and 4:3 in FF?  16+ MP.

> The U.P. is awaiting, BTW.

There's a road that was about 30 miles of gravel through a forest west
of Marquette.  My brother says that it is now paved.  Something lost,
something gained.  I'm ready to see it again through nothing but Zuikos.

You should probably consider nothing less than a 5D mk2, but I feel the
5D is perfect for me.  File size is big enough.  Don't want no stinkin'
movies anyway, and all I need from the LCD is a measly histogram, which
the 5D certainly obliges.  The E-1's histogram toggle, so maligned back
in the day, seems like genius now for its simplicity and usefulness.
That would improve the 5D quite a bit.  Otherwise, the 5D seems nicely
laid out, sufficient to my purposes.  I have found it easy to learn to
use.

Joel W.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html