Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:31:20 -0600
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012, at 09:22 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I had a good time and am proud to call both Tom and Joel my friends.

My thoughts exactly.

I had not seen Tom since he first arrived in Iowa -- a widower with two
teenage girls, in January, wondering what have I done?  Now, happily
married to an Iowa girl, with one of hers added, and now four babies.
The man does nothing by halves.  Wonderful to have that bit of time
together.  A couple photos coming later.

Ken brought the 100/2 -- a lens I had never held before.  I see why
people love it.  The physical characteristics of the lens are just
beautiful.  I think I regret this.

Tom's NEX 5 was just mesmerizing.  Such a contrast to my old gnarly
OM-5D.  I love the looks of that thing and it seems so great to hold.

Ken forgot to mention his and Tom's give and take over smart phones.  My
inner geek could not keep up.  When I got home my daughter started in on
her "I need a new phone" cacophony right on cue (it takes six months for
her either to lose interest and/or destroy a phone).  This time I was
starting to feel some of her pain.

Ken and I must have talked on for at least an hour after Tom left.
Could have talked for hours more I think, but duty shook us down.  Sigh.

Joel

                          or over the web