Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:49:09 -0600
> Ken brought the 100/2 -- a lens I had never held before.  I see why
> people love it.  The physical characteristics of the lens are just
> beautiful.  I think I regret this.

LOL. It feels good to be able to do that to you for a change. I was able to
resist envy with your 50/1.2 and 90/2. Glad you kept the 28/2 hidden,
though.

> Ken forgot to mention his and Tom's give and take over smart phones.  My
> inner geek could not keep up.  When I got home my daughter started in on
> her "I need a new phone" cacophony right on cue (it takes six months for
> her either to lose interest and/or destroy a phone).  This time I was
> starting to feel some of her pain.

I was pretty impressed with the larger screen of his new Nexus. My Nexus is
just a wee bit smaller. You'll have to excuse our Android App suggestions
to each other.

> Ken and I must have talked on for at least an hour after Tom left.
> Could have talked for hours more I think, but duty shook us down.  Sigh.

Yes. My daughters started calling me for their good night conversations. It
was a fabulous 3.5 hours, though.

BTW, between the four of us, we send/receive about 20,000 text messages a
month. They wear out honestly.

AG