Re: [OM] Pythons in Florida

Subject: Re: [OM] Pythons in Florida
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:18:32 +1300
Jez wrote
> Or here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbNxYdbNAH0
>
> On 2 February 2012 10:22, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Try here:
> > http://www.channel4.com/programmes/inside-natures-giants/4od#3108114
> >
> > Although it might be a licensing difficulty in either case. But there
> > are non-video animations here:
> > http://www.channel4.com/programmes/inside-natures-giants/episode-guide
> >
> > Piers

Yes, the Youtube version worked in NZ. The others were subject to
geographic limitation.

I don't know if other people have a method of capturing such videos, but I
now have two methods, depending on the coding that youtube use for
delivery.

If I can access the actual link, a VERY early version of Opera I have will
download it for me and save it without viewing.

If I can not find a direct link in their source code, I use another method.

For just ONE of my Opera browsers, I have located the browser cache it
uses for such files. Alongside that directory I have created another called
"New", and as soon as I have identified which of the Opera cache files is the
video (usually obvious by the rapid growth in file size) I copy it to the "New"
directory. I do this at intervals until transmission is complete. Usually
transmission with broadband is complete well before the video has stopped
showing.
Then I rename the Opera file to whatever I choose and add an FLV file
name.
It then will play with an FLV video player.

The Python video is 268 MB for its 48 minutes.

Brian Swale.