Re: [OM] (OM) Image framed and glassed

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Image framed and glassed
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 00:40:21 +1300
Candace wrote
> Brian, that is absolutely beautiful. :-)
> Candace
>
> On 1/24/12 2:26 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had the Hebe  print framed and glassed as a gift.
> > See the result at top line
> > http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/October-2011/Oct-2011.htm

Thank Candace !
It looks much much better in real life than my hurried snapshot of it.
The blue just seems to jump out of the frame in a way that I've never seen in
a picture before. And it's not even an archival print.
The people I gave it to (intended step-son and his wife) like it, but they have
a challenge about where to hang it; their living-room have a very light-grey
wall-paper ...  I wish I had tried a lighter mat.

I've just had an offer to hang up to 6 prints at a modest gallery at the end of
March, so soon I will be selecting which images and getting the same
person to mat them. At about $100 NZ to mat, frame, and glaze with non-
reflective glass, I will not frame them.

I just don't have a spare $600 floating around looking for  a new home. As it
is the matting will cost about $180 for 6.

The big other decision in respect of this hanging is whether or not to to have
one, two or three topics; I'm inclined to go for three as this is a major
chance
to show the breadth of my work.

Brian Swale.