Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:04:29 +1300
C.H.Ling wrote

> I'm a bit relaxed as you say there were focus error, if one can see the
> difference with E-1's LCD then the lens is very bad, as the embeded JPEG
> is only 1280x960 pixel.
>
> Some time ago I did a comparison test on 90/2 and 100/2 with 5D II for
> distance object. 100/2 is slightly better at the center but 90/2 is very
> even across the field and better than 100/2 at the edges. I don't think
> 90/2 will do poorer for close objects.
>
> 90/2 at F4 no sharpen
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_9566.JPG
>
> 100/2 at F4 no sharpen
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_9568.JPG
>
> Actually, I'm rather disappointed on my 100/2, the poor edge performance
> make the lens not  good for landscapes.
>
> BTW, I don't have problem to focus the 85/2, 90/2 and 100/2 with 5D II.

C.H., I'm amazed with these unsharpened images.

If you have time, could you please sharpen one of these with your usual
Canyon program, and post it to be seen?  (Now that I have regular access to
broadband, downloading such large files is not such an issue for me)

I've seen speeds of 1.4 MB/sec and more on ftp. Not often, but I have.

Brian Swale.