Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:50:14 -0600
Future testes will be done with a tripod and a camera with live-view.
We'll eliminate the variables. Especially the AG variable. I was
pretty well caffeinated and sugared up at that point. But that's how I
always am, so it was a real-life shooting situation for me.

Of course, we still run the risk of criticism because I didn't take
into account lunar phase, sunspots and so forth. It's like when Gary
did all his lens tests. The criticisms of his methods were never
ending. That may be so, but they are the only such tests out there and
www.zone-10.com gets about 200 unique visitors every day referencing
them. Not too different than my OM-3Ti review. It's not the best
review around, but it's about the only OM-3Ti review around.

My goal after all this is over, is to have a reference test that
adequately shows the average person what to expect from some of these
lenses.

AG