Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:25:31 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> C.H.Ling wrote
>
>> Hi Brian, it is nice to see you got a fast internet access finally! Here
>> are the images with sharpenss level 2 (in 1 to 10).
>>
>> (around 4.5MB each)
>>
>> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_9566S2.JPG
>>
>> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_9568S2.JPG
>>
>> Usually, I post unsharpened images so that people can play with them with
>> their own program (and the file size is smaller too).
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> I'm totally amazed. In the 100/2 shot I can count the blades of one of the
> cooling units !!
>
> I don't think any of my cameras could achieve that with my 100/2.

As a reference here is a shot taken with E-3 at F4 (a different day),
sharpen with PS radius 0.4, amount 100.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100mmF4-Sharpen.jpg

The pixel level sharpness of Canyon is higher than Olympus but I like
Olympus color much more. Certainly, this test shots are not for color
comparison.

Actually, 21MP is far from enough to expore the potential of 100/2 (center)
and 90/2 (edge to edge), I think it needs at least 60MP.

C.H.Ling