Re: [OM] OM-D specs!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D specs!
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:21:43 -0700

> Build in a table of OM Zuikos so you select the lens, then a connection
> for a new adapter that reads aperture and activates stop down and you
> capture all the remaining old OM junkies. Seems unlikely, but we will
> soon know.

    I would take an immediate interest in such an item, even more so it the
adapter line included adapters to Nikon F, Pentax K, etc.  so that we still
have the wonderful diversity that we enjoy now.

> >      Maybe this will put more E-510/520 bodies out on the used/eBay
market
> > and bring the price down.
>
> Neither comment nor criticism; just simple curiosity.
>
> Why E510/20? When I have occasionally caught E-thingie fever, I have
> always thought the E-620 to be the most desirable non "Pro" body.

    So I don't end up with a endless variety of batteries.

> In addition to other, mostly minor, but still significant, improvements,
> the 520 brings an articulated screen to the three digit bodies. An
> articulated screen for live view is just the cat's pajamas for nature
> work. For many shots, set the tripod up lower than required for eye
> level viewing and twist the LCD up for viewing. For really low stuff,
> avoid getting down and dirty - literally - to get the right angle and
> still see to focus. Shoot straight up, or close to it, without neck
> strain.
>
> Better angles, lower average tripod height for quicker use and greater
> stability, less wear and tear on my body, steadier eye and hand on the
> camera - what's not to love?

    Yes to all of that.  Have you tried using a right-angle eyepiece?  Just
the thing for low-angle shots close to the ground.

Chris