Re: [OM] OM-D specs!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D specs!
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:31:12 -0700

> Yup, poor move for daylight fill flash.  Flash sync at 1/250 (sounds
> good) with min ISO 200 (sounds bad) is no better than sync at 1/125 with
> ISO 100.  Double yawn!!

    The ND2, ND4, and ND8 filters I carry ocassionally see usage where I
need fill flash together with a large aperture.

    The built-in flash on the E-500 makes that sort of situation easier as
it has a fairly low GN and can be throttled down fairly low.  But when an
external flash is needed, even an old T-20 flash can be too much every once
in a while.  Much cheaper to use an ND filter than to buy one of those fancy
flashes with adjustable intensity.  Learned how to do this with the BTE/OS
long before those adjustable flashes even existed.

Chris