Re: [OM] iPhone remote - tethering

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone remote - tethering
From: John Lind <j-a-lind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:53:42 -0500
I agree - one IP to outside world with NAT and a small DHCP function in the
phone assigning a private LAN IP - a rudimentary gateway versus a simple bridge
- iPhone hotspot feature can handle multiple clients (up to 5??) so having a
unique WAN IP dynamically assigned to every client device would quickly swallow
the network provider's block of WAN IP addresses (Verizon, AT&T etc.).

John

Sent from my iPhone