Re: [OM] OM-D specs!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D specs!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 13:17:55 -0800
On 2/8/2012 10:15 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> No useless pop-up flash. Good riddance!

Will probably be seen as a loss for some folks. Wouldn't be to me. :-)

First DLSR, 300D, has one. Second, 5D, doesn't. Third, 60D, does.

I can't clearly recall using the 300D flash until one night when I needed flash
and used it instead of the 5D. As I
always had the 300D as backup at home or on any serious expedition, I never
felt the 5D was lacking. When I needed
serous flash, (veeerrry  seldom) I stuck one in the flash shoe.

I did try using the 60D pop-up a couple of times in odd places like inside a
hole through a Giant Sequoia. Didn't work
well, but that is probably operator error and/or extremely difficult subjects.
Although the top was mostly not only
really dark, but really black from being burned and quite far up. :-)

I do occasionally use built-in flash on compacts or DSLR in dark woods for
close-ups of small things. It works well, in
that it lights the subject for proper exposure. But I usually don't like the
'look'. Nice for something like a mushroom
ID manual, but the subjects look so unnatural - and 'surprised'.

Dr. Almost No Flash