Re: [OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD

Subject: Re: [OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:11:08 -0600
> I know what they mean - he gushes a bit and when you've been to a ra-ra
> launch, it's a bit hard not too. I'm sure that it'll have its flaws and its
> detractors, as the system shakes down - but it's not a camera, it's a system.
> I think that's Oly's point at this time. That's why the grandiose 'Epoch
> Changing' statements were made. They're trying to recapture the impact of the
> OM-1.

I'm not seeing the "system" yet. That's like calling the E-300 a
"system" because a battery grip was available for it. Everything else
is really part of the same m43 or four-thirds environment.

And, sorry, but without a proper OM-m43 lens adaptor with reduction
optics, there is no way you can properly call this an "OM". It'll win
beauty contests, but that doesn't mean it'll know how to answer any
question with anything but "World Peace".

My cynicism is running high right now. That's the biggest reason why
I'm delaying my article.

AG