Re: [OM] OM-D specs!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D specs!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:40:45 +1100
I bought a couple of those YinYan flashes (no jokes please) - quite well built
and they work well. I was looking for a compact flash to go with a few Trips I
wanted to sell. They are a bit bulky compared to a typical, old mini flash like
the PS2000 that originally went with the Trip. And they are cheap.
The new flash looks very similar in concept to the tiny thing that comes with a
Sony NEX although it's much bigger. That one is very weak and rather easy to
lose! (I did - it turned up months after I reviewed one). I suspect that it
will be about a 10 or 12m GN at 100 ISO - which the OM-D can't do so a
misleading 200 ISO based GN will be quoted. The idea of using one as a trigger
and as a catch light for studio portraits does appeal - I've found Olympus E
bodies to be rather buggy with the cheap Chinese studio triggers that I use.
After a while the trigger simply stops firing although it's not damaged - never
got to the bottom of that.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx