Re: [OM] Veering thread alert [was OM-D specs!]

Subject: Re: [OM] Veering thread alert [was OM-D specs!]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:28:03 -0500
After looking over some images of the Focal DT-5000S I strongly believe
it to be a Vivitar product (based on zoom and tilt head design and, in
particular, multi-camera dedication).  Functionally it seems very likely
related to the Vivitar 560D which was a multi-dedicated flash for Canon,
Nikon, Minolta & Pentax.  The Vivitar 550FD and 560D are the only two
flashes I know of that provided multi-camera dedication without having
interchangeable feet.  The 550FD is distictively smaller so that leaves
the 560D which does show a strong resemblance.  I don't have a manual
for the 560D but I do have a basic data sheet in PDF form which I'll
send you by private mail.

Chuck Norcutt