Re: [OM] [Off topic] accessing secured directories

Subject: Re: [OM] [Off topic] accessing secured directories
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:33:01 -0500
Seems strange to me that that sort of protection extends beyond the boot
drive.  But if it truly does... the first thing I'd do is make sure that
the user names and passwords on the new system are the same as on the
old system.  Then I suspect you'll have to be logged on as the user
whose files you're trying to access on the old drive.  Just a guess.

Chuck Norcutt

On 2/11/2012 10:16 PM, Goss,Steve wrote:
> Hi, Y'all- We recently bought a new Lenovo home computer, and put the
> drive from the previous Dell computer in as a second drive. We can
> access some of the old drive, but not the user directories.  We are
> not asked for a password or to login, just denied access.
>
> Is there any way to get to those files? We can't just put the old
> drive back into the old computer because the motherboard is shot on
> the Dell.
>
> Thanks, Steve Goss | MDI System Engineer | Cerner Corporation |
> Mobile: (816) 885-3259 | Fax: (816) 571-8560 |
> sgoss@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sgoss@xxxxxxxxxx>  |
> www.cerner.com<http://www.cerner.com/> For latest news and
> information on DeviceWorks Solutions please visit:
> https://www.ucern.com/community/cerner/solution_forums/groups/devices-community

Out of the office Friday, January 27

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are
from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The
information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute
inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying,
distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this
message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may
call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1)
(816)221-1024.