Re: [OM] IMG: Daytime Moon

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Daytime Moon
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:13:30 -0500
To avoid diffraction problems on your 4/3 sensor keep the aperture no
smaller than f/5.6.  At f/5.6 (and considering an appropriate CoC for
4/3) the hyperfocal distance is at 2200 feet.  If you've got a good
target at, say, 1/2 mile or more consider focusing on that rather than
trying to find infinity.  Focusing might also be impeded by turbulence
of the night air.  You might consider daytime focusing on another
distant target in calm air that is at least 2200 feet away and marking
the focus point.  Then you have instant setup for reliable infinity.

Chuck Norcutt