Re: [OM] IMG The Art Depot

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG The Art Depot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:40:36 -0800
On 2/13/2012 4:06 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> It helps that I have my own excellent scanner and the experience of
> tweeking. For people who don't have the patience of Moose or AG, I
> wouldn't expect them to get anything anywhere near what the technology
> is capable of delivering. Getting maximum dynamic range from a scan
> isn't easy work and getting proper color curves response is even
> harder.

Weeelll, yes and no. Getting maximum dynamic range seems simple to me with
Canon FS4000 and VueScan. The controls are
right there, and easy to use. Either I'm too simple or there are hardware
differences working in my favor.

Color is a different matter. If, as AG does, you want to reproduce the color
vagaries of various films, I expect that is
true. If, like Moose, you just want relatively accurate color, thus obviating
the careful selection of a film for its
particular inaccuracies, then ICC profiles make it a snap.

Scan That Moose