Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:23:42 -0600
Both guys are pretty shy being in front of the camera, and Tom confessed
that he hated to have his photo taken.  I felt the pain in it because I
am a bit the same way.

I can't recall whether the focus was primarily a result of the EMF
adapter's focus confirm or my eyeball.  I tend to use both but always
use my eye.  I have more trouble focusing wides and probably rely more
on FC for those shots.  I am quite happy with the OM-5D overall. Last
weekend I went out with the 5D and an OM-2N and a few lenses.  It's more
of a smooth transition moving between cameras with the lenses holding
the whole experience together.

Joel W.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Johnny Johnson wrote:
> Nice job Joel. Looks like you're not having any problems with manual
> focus
> with the 5D.
>
> That's the first picture that I remember seeing of Tom. I had pictured
> him
> differently, kinda geeky - slicked back black hair, black framed glasses,
> skinny and somewhat older. He's either aging well or was pretty young
> when
> he was dealing in all that OM equipment.
>
> Cya,
> Johnny
> On Feb 13, 2012 11:13 PM, "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I finally got a couple mugs shots webbed out for youse guys from this
> > important meeting from a couple weeks ago.  Just the good-looking guys.
> >
> > 50/1.2 on the OM-5D at ISO 1600 and either wide open or f2.
> >
> > http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox
> >
> > Joel W.

                          wherever you are