Re: [OM] [OT] Coconut oil for Alzheimer's, was: My friends Ted & Caroly

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Coconut oil for Alzheimer's, was: My friends Ted & Caroly
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:40:21 -0500
Yes, pretty dramatic stuff there, Mike.  I particularly noted the
oonnection with APOE-4 since that's the same genotype that was
identified in the research using MCT oil that led Dr. Newhart to
experiment on her husband with coconut oil.  She knows that her husband
carries at least one copy of e4.  That's not really surprising I guess
since it's my understanding that most later onset cases of Alzheimer's
involve e4.

Unfortunately, there's a long row to hoe between artificially induced
plaques in a mouse model and human Alzheimers.  But it's a dramatic
development nonetheless.

Meanwhile personal experimentation with coconut oil is cheap and easily
done.  No side effect either unless to take too much too fast early on
whence you might bring on some diarrhea.

I found some coconut oil at the local Walmart tonight.  LouAna brand
right in with the other cooking and baking oils. $5.98 for 31.5 oz.
Surprisingly it has very little odor and definitely does not taste or
smell like coconut.  I think I'll cook my breakfast in it in the
morning.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt