Re: [OM] IMG: Last of the cactus-fest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Last of the cactus-fest
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:29:15 -0800
Thanks, Ken, I really loved that runner sculpture, too.  And thanks,
Chuck.  Here are some along the same lines from an earlier Arizona
visit, in 2005.  Back then 1024x768 screens were normal, so the pictures
are smaller than you'd expect now.

Though some cholla is the main subject, the bottom of a backlit saguaro
is on the right. The spines do a diffraction number on the light, and
it's magic. Taken about 5 minutes before sunset.  I call this my
"burning bush."
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/4041339163/in/set-72157622640441103>

Here's the larger scene, before I moved in:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/Arizona/az4215_07web.jpg.html>

 From the other direction, with apologies to Ansel:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/Arizona/az4215_15web.jpg.html>

And in the midst of the forest.  Dieu est grand, je suis petit:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/Arizona/az4212_20web.jpg.html>

M6 and a 50mm Zuikmmicron, on Kodacolor UC 400, last one with a
Voigtlander 21/4.

--Peter

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
 > I loved the saquaro forest and would like to see it again. Don't know
as I've ever seen a backlit saquaro before.