Re: [OM] IMG: Cash for Trash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cash for Trash
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:43:36 +0100
Hi,

I think there's some confusion here. There was no saloon version of the
Stag - but there was a hardtop available. Also it had a 3L V8 in the
UK. And it was in the 1970's!
But there was also the Triumph 2000 saloon - with a straight-6.  I had one
of these.
Then I had a Dolomite Sprint which had an 1850 4-cyl 16-valve engine - half
the Stag's V8 - I bought mine with a dropped valve and a smoke trail of
burning oil, and had to refurbish the engine (new piston, liner, valve,
guides, etc.)

Good times!
Jez