[OM] IMG: Old Main Dorm, 1952

Subject: [OM] IMG: Old Main Dorm, 1952
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:43:13 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Old Main Dormitory at Mississippi State University consisted of four sides
surrounding a quadrangle, and was considered to be the largest dorm under one
roof in the USA.  It was completely destroyed by fire in January 1959.  The
stories told by students who lived there will be told over and over.  One of my
classmates, an accomplished photographer for the college newspaper, was forced
to move off-campus our final year because, after students got into a fire-hose
battle on an upper floor, he was caught drilling a hole in the wooden floor of
his room, to let the water out. ;~)

This view shows the original South face of Old Main, in 1952.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Old+Main+Dormitory+MSU+1952+edit.jpg.html

Leica IIIa with Coated Elmar 50/3.5

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols