Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:45:37 +0100
Hi Ian,

yes thats the one, supposed to be as high as niagra but it doesn't have
the volume and I wouldn't go either in a barrel and a maid of the mist
would have trouble manouvering. My younger syster did do an abseil for
charity down it, which I would also willingly do although looking over
the edge without being attached to a rope showed how much more cautious
I have become with age ;-)

It is a lovely area, I prefer north wales with snowdownia to that of the
south although the shopping is better (anyone have any good recipes for
a remoska) , part of the reason for the trip was that we are hoping to
get a little place in llandudno as first a holiday home and then
possibly for retirement, we love walking and that area is great for that.

On 21/02/2012 10:32, Ian Nichols wrote:
> Number 14 and those immediately around it look like Pistyll Rhaedr.
> One of my favourite bits of that part of Wales.  I last went there in
> April 2010:
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/103946165422859151776/SOS2010#5461473736476708018
>
> and several shots before that.

I am trying to work out from where you took that photo, I used a 21mm
but I guess you went a lot wider than that.

Thanks for looking

IanW