Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:58:00 -0800
On 2/21/2012 2:52 AM, SwissPace wrote:
> Thanks for moosifying that, its a significant improvement, "back in
> focus" offers various algorithms but I was trying to do I without
> layers, I should have realised by now that I need to learn how to use
> layers and I can't take shortcuts without limitations.

Glad you like it.
Layers are so easy, and so powerful.

> Maybe I will also make the effort of trying focus magic in windows as the
> results you get amaze me.

I know some folks here see me as a PS madman, overcooking everything. Still, I
do put some time and effort into my work.
Just slapping FM on a shot like this isn't much use. Limiting its application
to specific areas, with different settings
and/or transparency and/or edge feathering for each, along with selective
softening of other areas, can really shift the
apparent focal plane, and make the overall effect much more convincing.

On 2/21/2012 9:06 AM, SwissPace wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Thanks for the offer, I think moose has made a good change, I will
> however play around with it a bit more as I think I would like to print
> it and give it as a gift to my mother, so maybe I will try and flatter
> her a bit with some slight skin smoothing etc.

I've posted copies of the 'Original', 2808x1872, size from Smugmug, which is
what I worked with.

JPEG <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Swiss/IMG5535b.jpg>
PSD with layers (200MB)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Swiss/IMG5535.psd>