Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:12:58 -0800
On 2/22/2012 5:57 AM, SwissPace wrote:
> Ah but Chuck as a portrait photographer I was valuing your input ;-)
>
> But "the Moose dun good"   I will try printing that tonight. I had some
> success with Bob's favourite program viveza2 (must say I like it as
> well) using control points and adjusting those but the results no where
> near match yours Moose.

I tried the original Viveza, and quite disliked it. I seem to recall posting
some examples at the time. The problem was
that all effects had a strong center with a wide 'skirt'. Everything I tried
with it bled over into other parts of the
image. Even some of their own examples showed unintentional effects. It was
also impossible, as far as I could see, to
have an even effect across a broad area.

Certainly not suited for this image. Sort of like using a hammer to drive a
screw.

Ah yes, here's my 2008 test.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Viveza/Viv_386.htm>

V2 may be much better, of  course.

>    - Thanks a lot I hope my mother likes the print.

As do I!

Masked Moose