Re: [OM] For the pilots among us

Subject: Re: [OM] For the pilots among us
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:19:29 +1300
Bob wrote

> I'm sitting in my son's room in CT-ICU at Maine Medical Center laughing my
> ass off. That might sound inappropriate, considering why and where I am,
> but we've just been informed that Ben will be exiting ICU for step-down
> (rehab) in the next day or two. That causes us to believe that he's
> officially out of the woods, barring some freakish happenstance.
>
> Thanks for the laughter!
>
> --Bob

That's fantastic news, Bob.  Great to hear.

>From my end, I've been away for about 4 days taking my partner to Dunedin
Hospital where they removed her second eye cataract. The surgeon said it
was the size of one of those "Smartie" sweets. Large, if you happen to know
these.

I'm very happy to say that it all went well despite the usual traumas such as
being unable to find a vein etc etc.

We got home early afternoon yesterday, and she is resting with her eyes
closed. This hospital stuff takes the ginger out of her.  Eye drops for about 3
- 4 weeks are the order of the day.

JOKES
I heard this one about 20 years ago, spoken by the guy who ran our
mapping office at Kaingaroa Forest, to one of his female staff.

She had burst out in laughter over something or other, about which he
remarked ...

"Tickled her fancy"
..
..
..
..
..
"Sat on a feather"
..
..
..
To which more laughter ensued. I thought it was pretty clever .. :-)

Happy days ..

Brian Swale.