[OM] Paper Choice for R2880 Matt and Gloss

Subject: [OM] Paper Choice for R2880 Matt and Gloss
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:04:14 +0100
Hi All,

last night I tried printing the mossofied image of my mother and Cai,
the results were OK but as my wife put it they look like they have a
protective layer on them that should be peeled off. I am quite sure this
is down to the paper as before I got good results when I used durabrite
but this seems to have been discontinued. I was trying with various
canon papers. recently my UK based sisters went for a makeover and I
must say the detail and clarity in those prints amazed me and I wonder
why I don't see them on my r2880.

Coming back to the paper I remember Bob saying that he only printed matt
and as I have only tried print gloss and he gets brilliant results using
matt - putting 2 and 2 together and ignoring the fact of how much better
a photographer bob is than me I conclude I should try switching to matt.

So are there any other r2880 owners here and what papers are you using

I have found this site for profiles

http://www.taospace.com/epson/

so hopefully one one on that site would be popular.

I have spent days over months profiling and wasted huge volumes of paper
to get so far, but I would like to see the printer live up to its
ability even with me as its handicap ;-)

Note this is on topic because over 95% of the photos are taken with
olympus glass

Thanks IanW