[OM] Friday flowers - The stages of blooming

Subject: [OM] Friday flowers - The stages of blooming
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:09:46 -0800
Much as I might dwell on the possible consequences of a very mild and dry
winter, I prefer to enjoy my blessings as they
occur.

The last three days have been gorgeous, clear blue skies with temps up to 70F.
Many things are blooming already and
others are hurrying out of the ground.

Yesterday, as I was thinking about ending my hours sitting in the garden
reading, the low sun illuminated the budding
Jasmine. The new buds are an amazing, intense red anyway, and the warm light
just heightened the effect.

With neither time before the light went nor inclination to fuss with tripods
and such, I grabbed a camera and took a few
shots.

The camera almost captured the color of new buds, and I decided not to try to
intensify it, as anyone not there would
probably not believe it.
Haven't decided whether I like this composition better.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_2012&image=_MG_5552oof30.jpg>
Or this one.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_2012&image=_MG_5553oof40.jpg>

I think I should like the second better, because it has more buds in focus and
fewer very OOF in the foreground. But I
think I prefer the first.

Then we proceed to buds ready to open.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_2012&image=_MG_5554croof80.jpg>