Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) A little diversioon - on topic for a change
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:37:36 -0500
Theory says a 4/3 camera starts to exhibit diffraction effects (even
with a perfect lens) at about f/5.6.  I say "about" since diffraction is
frequency dependent and varies with color.  f/5.6 fits the middle of the
green channel, blue has a tighter spec and red a looser one.  If Moose
can see distinct softening at f/22 on 35mm then that probably does
equate to a roughly equal effect on 4/3 at f/11.

Dr. DOF