Re: [OM] TEST

Subject: Re: [OM] TEST
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 21:24:27 +0000
If your regular userid has admin privileges, then remove them!
(If the malware alters the anti-virus software or installs a root-kit
which alters Windows so that it lies to the anti-virus software, then
the anti-virus software "sees" nothing.) The best is to boot to safe
mode and scan with a fresh copy of some antivirus software. All major
antivirus vendors supply a bootable CD (or similar) for that.